August 3, 2012

Week two- Lint free and Ready

This week was all about multitasking. 

Coming into the Academy I expected intensity.  My response was, "Finally."  I played Division 1 and a little professional basketball back in the day and I have been unengaged ever since I stopped playing.  That is why I am so set on getting into Law Enforcement because there is no better feeling than being a part of a brotherhood/sisterhood.  I imagine there is not a greater sense of accomplishment than putting on a uniform every day and being pushed to the physical and mental maximum.  This is it.  Some may find throughout this academy that this is not what they expected.  Two recruits are no longer with us.  This is becoming very real to the rest of us.  

This week was a bit more exciting academically and asked us to multi-task a bit more.  We learned about Use of Force which we know soon leads to Firearms Training!